When it comes to tools, there’s a wide range that you can choose from. There’s a lot of different factors that are important to consider when it comes to buying a tool that suits your needs.
If you’re trying to determine what type of chainsaw would be the best choice for you, don’t worry, we’re here to help. We’re going to present some of the best chainsaw for home use options on the market right now and what makes each one unique in its own way.
Best Chainsaw for Home Use Reviews
WORX WG304.1 Chain Saw 18-Inch 4 15.0 Amp
To start off, we’re going to say that electric chainsaws have become a much better and more affordable option than gas-powered models. This WORX chainsaw comes with an 18-inch blade that’s powered by a 15.0 Amp motor that produces 4.0 HP. The engine is more than capable of getting the job done and making sure that your yard looks amazing.
This product comes with a lot of great features that show us how much tools have evolved over the past few decades. The chainsaw has a very light design that’s easier to maneuver. It also has a built-in oil system that keeps the chain lubricated at all times, even when it has to pull off jobs that require a lot of work.
Above all that, one of the best aspects of this chainsaw is that it has a patented auto-tension system that makes sure the tension of the chain is always correct. The electric engine delivers power a lot more efficiently than a gas-powered chainsaw, and it provides better results.
- It has an electric-powered engine that generates more power
- It has a very light design that offers you a lot of maneuverability
- The electric-powered engine doesn’t create as much noise as a gas-powered one
- The patented auto-tension system eliminates a lot of maintenance processes that require time
- It comes with many safety features, like comfort grip handles and chain break
- It comes already assembled, so it may be more complicated to have it delivered or to carry it
Greenworks 12-Inch 40V Cordless Chainsaw
The Greenworks 12-Inch is an excellent choice if you’re looking for a chainsaw that can also take care of details. The 12-inch chain makes sure that you can take care of trimming those hard-to-reach spots. This chainsaw is battery-powered, which makes it easier to reach any spot you wish without having to worry about a power cord.
The Greenworks 12-Inch comes with a G-Max 40V lithium-ion battery that has no memory loss after charging and comes with fade-free power. It comes with an automatic oiling system, which helps you worry less about maintenance.
The tool-less tensioning system brings you the advantage of not having to use any extra tools to tension the chain. Everything is included in the chainsaw itself. It comes with great maneuverability, so you can cut at different angles with no effort.
- This is a battery-powered chainsaw, which means you don’t have to worry about the power cord
- The 12-inch blade helps you reach different spots and cut at difficult angles
- The G-Max battery technology makes sure you have no memory loss after charging
- Adjusting the tension of the chain does not require any tools
- The 12-inch blade limits you if you’re trying to cut very thick trees
BLACK+DECKER Electric Chainsaw
BLACK+DECKER is one of the top brands when it comes to power tools. This chainsaw has a powerful 15 Amp engine that powers an 18-inch chain. The chainsaw has a built-in chain tensioning system, so you don’t have to worry about extra tools. This is an excellent choice for more demanding cuts, as it can manage thick trees that are more difficult to cut.
The BLACK+DECKER electric chainsaw is one of the best choices you can make if you’re looking for enough power to handle any type of cut. Its 15-Amp engine makes sure that you won’t have to exert too much effort when going through some of the more demanding cuts.
The 18-inch blade is a good choice if you’re looking to make cuts in one go without any complications. It also includes a chain brake safety system to make sure that you’re always protected.
- The 15-Amp engine makes sure you can manage the most difficult jobs
- The 18-inch blade will make sure you cover a lot of ground in a single cut
- It has a clear oil window so you don’t have to worry about always checking the oil level
- It features a premium, low kickback bar and chain from Oregon, a top brand in the field
- This model has an accessible price for those who don’t have a very large budget
- It is electric-powered, which means you always need an outlet when you want to use it
ECHO Chain Saw
The ECHO chainsaw is a gas-powered model that comes with a 14-inch bar, which makes it ideal for detail cutting or spots that are hard to reach. It has a powerful engine that’s sure to deliver the performance you need. It comes with an anti-vibration handle that brings you more comfort when you have to take care of cuts that take a lot of time.
The ECHO chainsaw comes with a 14-inch bar that makes it very easy to maneuver. This type of chainsaw is ideal for those who want to focus on trimming trees and making sure their garden looks exceptional. It’s gas-powered, which means that it comes packed with a lot of torque to get the job done in record time.
The gas tank has an 8.5 oz. capacity that will make sure it lasts long enough for you to get the job done. The chainsaw comes with an automatic oiling system, and it also includes 2-stroke oil when you order it.
- It has an automatic oiling system that reduces a lot of maintenance time
- The 14-inch blade greatly increases the chainsaw’s maneuverability
- The 30.5cc engine that comes with a good balance between power, consumption, and noise
- With amazing durability, the engine starts the same even after using it for a long time
- It has a more accessible price when compared to similar models from other producers
- The chain tensioning must be done manually, which adds on some maintenance time
Just like BLACK+DECKER, Makita is one of the top manufacturers that make power tools. Their products are always very high-quality and are rated as being pro-level tools.
The Makita electric chainsaw comes with a lot of nice features, and most of them were intended to cut maintenance time down as much as possible. This chainsaw is one that is very easy to use and that doesn’t come with any complicated processes.
The Makita chainsaw comes with a 16-inch bar that makes it a very balanced tool. The 16-inch bar can help you handle larger cuts efficiently, but it also has a good maneuverability for smaller cuts. This model’s chain and bar adjustments don’t require any tools, and this eliminates a lot of maintenance time.
It has a large trigger that helps you start out softly, creating more comfort for the user. The rubber handle is also ergonomically designed to provide easy maneuvering of the chainsaw.
Besides all that, it has a current limiter that will make sure the engine doesn’t get burned out if the chainsaw is overloaded. The oil level can also be checked very easily since it has a window, so don’t worry about having to always open the oil knob.
- It comes with many comfort features, like the rubber handle and large trigger
- It has a 16-inch blade that helps you cover both large cuts and gives you access to smaller ones
- The “tool-less” maintenance system makes everything much easier for you
- The engine can’t burn out because of its current limiter feature
- The price is pretty high compared to similar products from other manufacturers
The best recommendation for a chainsaw that operates smoothly for your personal use is the Greenworks 12-Inch. The greatest advantage that this model has is the fact that it is battery-powered. You don’t need to worry about power cords, and you can easily access any difficult spots to get the job done.
A power cord is a great limitation, which is why this model comes with the best maneuverability. Besides that, the 12-inch blade is more than perfect if you’re planning on using the chainsaw for personal use, and the size is perfect for garden maintenance.
However, the second-best choice from this list would definitely be the BLACK+DECKER model, since it comes with a lot of features at a very accessible price.